August 4, 2026
While readying to checkout I take advantage of the in-room espresso machine. Never seen an espresso machine in a room before, I suppose it is standard for the Pacific Northwest. Ahh a morning espresso in a real ceramic coffee cup, this sets the tone for a splendid trip to Lima.
The Alaska provided Lyft gets me to the airport with little effort. A no line check of my pack, followed by a no line security checkin, a great way to begin this flight.
Alaska loves Toy Story
I now have time to enjoy the Alaska lounge for a bit before my flight boards. I choose some tasty egg and potato offerings followed by fresh Pacific Northwest blackberries and raspberries that burst with flavor. Then a fun treat, I get to be my own barista with a magical espresso machine, offering a mind boggling amount of selections, I want one of these.
The CDT collation has sent a text informing me the Silvertip fire has closed the Spotted Bear and Bob Marshall wilderness areas, yet the CDT remains open even though it goes through these areas. I really want to stay on the trail and not hike a detour, I hope the CDT doesn't close in these areas.
The sky here is smoky, not so bad that I can smell it
An hour and a quarter in the air, finally to land in Idaho Falls. The summer weather here is a pleasant 70 degrees with a slight breeze. The Salt Lake Express is scheduled to pick me up at 2015 hrs by the rental cars here at the airport then go to their dispatch office, finally leaving at 2100 hrs for Lima. It's about a mile or so to the dispatch office, makes more sense to me to walk over there. I am allowed to stow my pack in the office while I shop. Bear spray and water are purchased at Walmart. Had to buy the bear spray here as the airlines frown upon it even in checked luggage.
This is a nice town
Around the corner is a Starbucks where I enjoy a relaxing time with a flat white and my book. Across the parking lot is a Longhorn Steakhouse. and that's where I will dine this evening.
1000 hrs the bus drops me in Lima at the Beaverhead lodge. The proprietor has given me my room number and a code for access, no need to wake anyone.
Tags: cdt
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.