Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Chairback Mountian

  • Day:  155
  • Start:  2089.6
  • End:  2105.1
  • Miles:  15.5
  • Hours:  7
  • High temp:  76
  • Low temp:  58
  • Thru Hikers met:  3


Fourth Mountian Bog

Three eggs, potatoes, bacon, blueberry pancakes and coffee is Shaw's breakfast. Immediately after I'm on the trail by 0830 hrs heading to Chairback Mountain. The sky is clear this morning with a sunny forcast for the day. The trail is dry so I'm able to hike at a reasonable speed.  After a bit of a climb I reach a nice view from the Barren Ledges. 


I drop down into the Fourth Mountain Bog. There is s sign reminding me that the bog is fragile so to be sure to stay on the bog boards. Yep that was my first thought, 'I'm going to wander around in the bog'.  


This rocky part is surprisingly easy to hike when not slippery. 

The trail will be full of ups and downs today, but it's ok as there is nothing left on this trail as difficult as what I've already done so it all seems easy. 


The forest today is especially beautiful 


Looking back from Chairback Third Mountian at Chairback Fourth Mountian where I came from

The moss is the understory is simply beautiful today with the sun on it. The forest is more open feeling without so much brush. 


I love to moss understory 


A view to the west from Columbus Mountian 


I reach the summit of Chairback Mountain and the is s wonderful view to the west. 


Back into the forest the feeling is splendidl with the sun on the bright green moss. 


The forest is more open and magical today


White Cap Mountian, my climb tomorrow 


End of the day trail shot



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.