Thursday, May 29, 2014

Leaving Lake Tahoe or Starting the JMT Hike

Construction sounds invade my sleep, there is all night construction on the highway not far away. Really not bad even sort of soothing, as I worked with heavy equipment when I lived here, brings back an enjoyable time in my life. I'm at Rod and Kris's place in Tahoe City, great friends who picked me up from my mom and dad's cabin on the west shore, fed me an outstanding dinner of delicious pork and red snapper. Rod always has prepared great food. After a splendid evening sharing adventures we didn't want to end, it's time for sleep. Thank you Rod and Kris for your hospitality.  The shuttle arrives at 0610 at the Tahoe City transit center and Kimberly gladly welcomes me aboard. 1 more passenger in Truckee and we're off to the Reno Airport.  

My bus to Lone Pine leaves at 1350 hrs, I have a while to wait. They do have a nice restaurant with power for my phone here.  Enjoyed breakfast and lunch while watching women's softball, the Ducks lead Florida.  


1350 hrs and the bus has arrived. Just 2 of us on the bus so far, Robert, a fellow living in Bishop and me. Yes I know the bus says Bishop, apparently I have to transfer in Bishop to get to Lone Pine. 


Here in Lone Pine 5.5 hrs driving time. Will take me 22 days or so to walk back. Grabbing a steak for dinner at the Mt. Whitney Cafe, from the restaurant I've got a view of the hostel I'm staying in tonight. 1 room and 8 beds, 4 occupied so far, 1 bathroom.  Like living at the Walton's, good night Bobby Joe. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.