Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Wrapping it Up

  • Day:  96
  • Start:  0
  • End:  0
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  70
  • Low temp:  42
  • People met:  15

Lazy acres office


Right across the highway is the Bear Trap
cafe


Just down the highway is the grocery store 

Lazy acres is nicely located in the tiny little town of Riverside. Encampment is literally just up the road a short walk from
Riverside. Amazing that there are two
towns so close together, should have just been one.  I am relaxing today because I've made the decision to head back home. My new calculations indicate I'll go deeper into
October to finish. I have a commitment to be in Livermore by October for my grandson's birth, I'm not able to hike into this month.  To continue on during September seems futile as any hikers are posting pictures of the smoke that is so bad there aren't really any views. I realize I'll have to come back to finish making my through hike a section hike instead. The positive side to this is I can choose a pleasant time of the year to return, I'll proably enjoy that hike more as
I won't feel so rushed trying to finish. I'm sorry that I can't take you through the entire CDT in one year.  Hope you enjoyed the journey up to here. 

I've included some interesting statistics of my hike to date:

Miles Hiked: 1756 (just using the CDT mileage, most hikers do this)
Miles Hiked: 1621 (actual miles according to my records)
Days Hiked:  78
Average Full Day Mileage: 24
Average Partial Day Milage: 12

States Completed: New Mexico, Colorado
States Started: Wyoming (almost 1/2 completed), Montana (48 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.