Sunday, September 1, 2013

Maple Creek Camp to Longmire

09/01/13
Start time:  0645
End time:  1100
Miles:  10
Min alt:  
Max alt:  
Min temp: 52
Max temp: 77


Up and ready to hike out today this section parallels the highway, so not really looking as forward to it.  I say goodbye to the Ed and Coleen as the prepare to hike, enjoyed seeing them from Mowich on. I ascend along Maple Creek, a silty creek. 




The joy today is reaching the summit and seeing Reflection Lake. I rest here enjoying the view of Rainier and the soothing lake. 
















There is a buck that hangs out here, seems to be used to humans, probably he has been fed. I snap his picture and he is only mildly skittish.  (very hard to see him, but he is in the middle of the photo)

















Downhill from here in a beautiful forest with 4 splendid waterfalls and a nice wide soft trail. I rest at Crater Falls for a snack then continued to hike out.  The trail is fast now so I can make good time. 







































 Arriving at Longmire, I turn in my permit and cleanup in the restroom.  Now I enjoy a Rainier Ale on the porch at the lodge overlooking the mountain, fitting finish for a great trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.