Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Zero in Lake City

  • Day:  68
  • Start:  982
  • End:  982
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  
  • High temp:  82
  • Low temp:  44
  • People met:  too many to count


Nice spot for a salad with chicken

The morning aroma of bacon and eggs wrapped together in an omelet greets me at the Lake City Cafe. Laundry is next door at the small cabin motel. My resupply boxes are here so I sort my food and lace up my GorTex boots. A trip to the grocery store for new water bottles, I use sports drink bottles getting new ones at every resupply. Review my maps for the next section and upload the rest of my journal. Ahhh, relax a moment with now work of walking. 




The Raven's Rest


Now that's a real boardwalk 


Nice little town  


They have an ice cream fountain, coffee shake mmmmm. 



2 comments:

  1. It's an old fashioned American town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the old section of town, but it really is the center of town. There is a nice park across the street that was full of people with their children. Yes it is like old town America. Plus they have a soda fountain where you can get big milkshakes just like the olden days mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.