Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tuolumne Meadows

Day 16

JMT Miles Hiked: 6
Hours Hiked: 2

The chill woke me early in the morning, I snuggled down into my bag getting comfortable. Ice on the rainfly and covering the meadows beyond. On the trail the sunlight reflects in the frozen meadow creating diamond like sparkles everywhere,  I feel like I'm walking in the stars. Sorry I am not able to capture this wonderful effect with the camera. But here are some more nice meadow shots. 




The northern end if the canyon. 

I turn west for another mile to find the campground, general store and grill. I select a campsite in the hiker only walkin area. There are tables and bear boxes I can stow my entire pack in. Plus the store and grill are just mInutes away. The store and grill look like early 49er mining town structures, made of canvas. 





I feast on a scrambled egg and bacon breakfast augmented with a banana and kumbucha from the store. Princess and Mr. Sandals are here, plus a few others I just met on the trail. After hellos and some relaxing chatting I catch the bus east for my permit. 


Back at my camp, I'm ready to go, but the weather seems a little dicey as the winds are blowing in some clouds. I think I hike after I post this tomorrow and check the weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.