Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Yosemite and The End of the Trail


Day 18


JMT Miles Hiked: 6
Hours Hiked:  3

Birdsong fills the morning air creating a fitting greeting for the last day in the trail. People are already advancing up the trail, the solitude of the wilderness is no more. I pass Little Yosemite Valley, where Josh, I and our friends camped after ascending the falls. Soon I start the descention, granite step after granite step.  I'm amazed that we climbed this steep trail, it's a challenge just going down. 


Nevada Falls




Nevada Falls








































Looking down Vernal Falls




Vernal Falls


Beautiful rainbow from the falls generated mist


Happy Isle and the end of my journey

Time for a hearty breakfast. 


This ends my journey of a wonderful, challenging, relaxing, peaceful hike in the best sections of the Sierras. I found more challenging snow this time than the last time I was here, thankful for that.  I miss the long thru hikes though, I find I become more connected to the wilderness the longer I am there.  The connection imparts a feeling of belonging, peacefulness, and happiness.  The connection is truly spiritual as it is not merely feeling comfortable in the forest, but feeling the connection with everything.  Bye till my next hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.