Monday, March 20, 2017

Franklin

  • Day:  10
  • Start:  105.9
  • End:  109.5
  • Miles:  4
  • Hours:  2
  • High temp:  67
  • Low temp:  44
  • People met:  16

A quick walk between Rock Gap and Winding Stair Gap while waiting for the Post Office to open. Ron Haven, owner of the Budget Inn, provides a free shuttle to and from town. Ron is an AT hiker and understands hikers completely.  His place is centrally located in the center of old town. So I took the shuttle up to finish the small section between Rock and Winding Stair. Kind of a light day but its mixed with resupply. 

 
Looking towards Franklin

Back from the trail I walk over to the PO to get my box. The very next thing I need to do is find some sunglasses as my favorite pair cracked. 

On the shopping trip for sunglasses brings me to the Lazy Hiker Brewery. The only food provided here is from a food truck. The cheeseburger is so outrageously delicious I enjoyed every bite and wanted more. The cook uses an addictive special sauce with ghost chill as an ingredient. Every bite is just delicious. 

 
Doesn't look like much, but...

 
Quite the name

 
Ate 1/2 before I remembered to share a picture 

Ron drove the 1600 shuttle to the local outfitters, Walmart and grocery stores. I finally am able to get a pair or sunglasses that will work for me. I'm ready now for a good nights rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.