Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hiawassie, Georgia

  • Day:  5-6
  • Start:  42.9
  • End:  42.9
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  48
  • Low temp:  32
  • People met:  lots of thrus in town

 
Sancuary

Wel, ttown is stretched out aloning the main road. This motel seems to be idealy located between resturaunts and stores.   Able to get a few supplies and easy access to meals here. Everyone seems friendly even though we stand out as different. 

 
Local church

 
Ancient log cabins. So well build they still are in use

 
Not like the Westt Coast Daniels more of a buffet place. I've enjoyed two meals here and the food was fine. 

I haven't developed the hiker hunger so I'm not able to eat my weight in food yet. In fact I'm eating less on the trail than normal. This phenomenon always occurs to me during the first week or so on the trail, I'm just not that hungry. 
Met two hikers in the motel today and secured a place to the trailhead in the morning with them. I can now relax a bit as I have my connections covered.  Met Brian at the Huddle Hut when he came in for breakfast this morning. He will be staying at the Top-of-Georgia hostel tonight. When he checks in he's coming back to town and bringing my resupply box with him. I initially planned to stay there as well.  As it turns out Mulls worked out better because of easy town access for the longer stay. 
Brian used my room as a drop point while he shopped today. Then spent a couple of hours here waiting for his shuttle. He is an excellent young man, easy to talk to and fill of positive energy. I hope to see him along the trail again. 
The intense cold is easing as Stella moves away.  The forecast is for a return to more spring like temperatures for next week and perhaps some rain during the next two days. The adventure is back on!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.