Sunday, March 12, 2017

Starting the AT

  • Day:  -1
  • Start:  0
  • End:  0
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  67
  • Low temp:  43
  • People met:  


 

Thought I might try to hike the Appalachian Trail this year.  So I need to get to Atlanta, Georga.  Carolyn dropped me in Seattle where I catch  the lightrail to the airport.  Once in Atlanta I catch their lightrail for a 45 minute ride to the end of the line in North Springs. Once there Josh, the owner of Hiker Hostel, collects me for an hour drive to his establishment.  Each section, greatfully, when off like clock work.  

 
My bunk is on the right on top

A very nice place built from the ground up to be a hostel. 

 


There is that underlying excitement running thru the whole building. Talk of gear, strategy, and history. Plenty of pleasant people to share in the experience. A nice evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.