Thursday, May 21, 2015

Grants

  • Day:  23
  • Start:  0
  • End:  0
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  65
  • Low temp:  36
  • People met:  too many to count


South from Grants

Angry sky all day coupled with a stiff wind. Good day to just to do chores.  
Hugo Mumm gave me and two other hikers a ride to the post office. I mailed a small box of nonessentials home. When Hugo swung by to pick me up he had another hiker with him, it was Iceman, we met in Etna on the PCT in 2012.  
We discussed the snow conditions in the Rockies. All this new snow on a frozen under layer, ideal for avalanche conditions. Many hiker are holding at Chama waiting for conditions to change. The word is take your time getting to Chama, the last resupply before the Rockies.   
Spent the day providing intensive care to my feet, healing some lingering blister issues.  Sorting my food for the next 5.5 day section and researching the water replenishment sites.  Plus making sure my hydration level is maxed. 
Good day in all, ready to hike tomorrow. Hugo said he'd be happy to give me a lift to the trail head at about 0900. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.