Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Thomas Ranch


  • Day:  20
  • Start:  0
  • End:  16
  • Miles:  16
  • Hours:  6
  • High temp:  71
  • Low temp:  38
  • People met:  2



Roadwalk from Pie Town

Bacon frying, what a nice morning aroma to have. I breakfast at the Pie Town Cafe, the only other cafe in Pie Town and only open Sun thru Tue. 
Another roadwalk, quiet except for the occasional vehicle. Straight and mostly flat. The wonderful New Mexico sky changing constantly brings enjoyment to the walk. 



An old structure provides some interest

There isn't any information as to the history of the old stone building so I move on to the Thomas Ranch. 

The Thomas Ranch

John and Lizia are a splendid couple offering water and camping for all.  So I turn in after a 16 mile hike to freshen my water. I'm greeted by both of them as I relax on their front porch bench. I discover that their home is a large metal utility structure. I'm proudly shown around the place and allowed to take photographs. 

John and Lizia


Their Kitchen


The dining room can accommodate 


The living room


Outside their home 

I'm very happy to have met these wonderful people. After several relaxed conversations they point me to the water and instruct me to pick a comfortable camping location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.