Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hunkered at The Toaster

  • Day:  17, 18, 19
  • Start:  0
  • End:  0
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  0
  • Low temp:  0
  • People met:  too many to count


Kitchen and dining

First of I'm sorry for the long delay in posts. There simply isn't and connectivity on the trail, towns provide to only reception and that is often wireless.  I lost 3 updates due to a connection issue at Doc's that I had recreate. I like to send pictures to help you understand better and that of course takes time to upload, as an example I spent 4 hrs trying to upload the last 4 updates.  So for you busy people I'm sorry the post come in a bunch. 

Dining area, left Pickin, Threshold, Fuzzy


Living room with EeeDee


Entry with all the resupply boxes just dropped off  


An actual wood fired stove for heating and cooking

I've ordered new boots to continue. My shoes while providing midsole cushion, actually started failing by squishing toward the inside of each foot, thus causing my frame and muscles to adjust.   The adjustment ended up swelling my right calf. Got my new boots and they feel great, I'm used to these boots. The swelling is reducing nicely. Issue 2 that has been keeping a lot of us here is the weather. Getting worse everyday with snow on Sat morning. 
The good news is that from 1130 to 1600 the Pie-O-Neer is serving great hot pies and they have wireless. Kathy and Stanley, the owners, are wonderful people, friendly and happy. They are welcoming of hikers staying long periods to use their wireless. I actually had spent the last 3 afternoons here, mostly updating posts. 

Pie-O-Neer


Pies and Stanley

They love the CDT hikers

Darn good pies, but my sister-in-law has got them beat by a some. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.