Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Crocker Peaks

  • Day:  149
  • Start:  1993.3
  • End:  2002.4
  • Miles:  9.1
  • Hours:  5
  • High temp:  63
  • Low temp:  450
  • Thru Hikers met:  2

Appearently my links to Facebook 360 views were blocked for most of you. Try them now they should work. I apologize for making you all feel unloved. 


Yep, that's miles

Rained all last night and heavy clouds this morning. Reluctant to hike in this weather, however the forcast changed and by 1000 hrs things we looking positive. I got on the trail by 1015 hrs to do a short forest walk. The rain has opened the balsam scents of the forest creating a nice hiking atmosphere. While the trail is wet I'm able to climb at a good clip in the cool weather.  Just prior to the top there is a small view visible to the east.  I enjoy this for a while then carry on. 



I reach the top of North Crocker Mountain to find 8 young women from Quebec eating their snacks. They have taken over the top so I continue to hike. The summit did not have a view just a sign, so it's no great disappointment to hike on. 


A relaxing section

The descent continues for over 5 miles to highway 27. What's nice about this descent is that it's a slow gradual one, no steep rocky areas to climb down.  I pass many day hikers and some SOBOs today. I'm glad I got on the trail as it feels good to hike this section. After all this time my feet and leg muscles are happiest when hiking. When I stop my feet start to hurt and my legs feel stiff and sore. 
The significant feature of today's hike is I passed the 2000 mile mark. I now have 187.6 miles to the finish. Happy about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.