Monday, August 10, 2015

Cruisin

  • Day:  78
  • Start:  1166
  • End:  1187
  • Miles:  21
  • Hours:  10
  • High temp:  65
  • Low temp:  40
  • People met:  ~30


Early morning look south to the Twin Lakes flood plain, where I crossed 

Felt strange starting to hike at 0630 leaving my little cabin.  Uphill, of course, to the trail. Humidity here is 50%, so I'm sweating to beat the band by the time I get to the top. The trail today is well worn by many hikers, as this is a popular section. There are two mountain tops available to climb and parking areas at the frequent trailheads.  I meet at lot of day hikers as well as a few CT thru hikers. The trail reminds me of some trails you might see in national parks, clean, wide enough for two, few rocks and a nice grade. The grade is so nice I fell like I've been crusin all day. 


A forest walk all day

I start out in a forest of aspens then move to pines and firs all day long. I catch a glimpse of the valley below and a little of the town, Leadville. 
 

Leadville is to the left in the valley 


The only place that opened up today. 

I hiked around a large lake, Turquoise Lake, but only saw a tiny bit of blue. Perhaps tomorrow I'll be higher and get a view. 

A slight chance of rain this evening, so I get a great camp spit under a big tree with dry duff underneath. 

A nice peaceful hike today, the afternoon forest reminds me of the forests in Truckee, California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.