Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Silverthorne

  • Day:  80
  • Start:  1218
  • End:  1223
  • Miles:  5
  • Hours:  2
  • High temp:  72
  • Low temp:  33
  • People met:  too many to count


The trail on the way down is nice 

The frost on the grasses adjacent the trail glisten in the morning sun as I briskly walk the trail trying to boost my effort to generate heat.   Soon the ski and resort area of Copper Mountain comes into view.  I'm impressed by the big lodge type homes and the grand central theme shopping area. Winter must be splendid here, as most people are able to ski from their home to the lifts. 





There are several towns within this area, Silverthorne, Frisco, Dillan, and Breckenridge. One very nice feature is there is a free bus service that connects all these towns to Copper Mountain. I'm within 10 min of the bus leaving so I hop a ride to Frisco to the Log Cabin Cafe, for breakfast. 


A great breakfast place



I find the main street is beautifully laid out with and alpine lodge theme. This town seems very healthy as everything is clean and attractive.  


Main street Frisco

After breakfast I continue my journey via the public transportation to Silverthorne where I get a room. Once my gear is secured I retrieve my resupply box then trek to the other side of town to get my replacement tent that has the zipper repaired. Some additional shopping for maintenance supplies and the day is about done. 


Wilderness Sports where I pickup my tent


They have a Starbucks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.