Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Silverthorne Alt

  • Day:  81
  • Start:  0
  • End:  15
  • Miles:  15
  • Hours:  5
  • High temp:  73
  • Low temp:  44
  • People met:  too many to count


Pleasant morning, but ominous western sky

Today I complete the alternative route using a bike trail between Copper Mountain and Silverthorne. A pleasant walk along a dam, beaver ponds and rugged mountains. 


Atop the dam


The Colorado Rockies are a big source of minerals. Appearantly someone started their own little mine right off the trail. 


Beaver pond

Well the beaver was actually enjoying a morning swim, as I readied my camera to preserve the moment for you he dove out of sight leaving only gentle rings of water. 


Looks like this guy's pond needs refilling, perhaps a little work on the dam might help. 

Section complete, I grab another breakfast in Frisco at the Butterhorn Cafe. 


Butterhorn Cafe

The afternoon has deteriorated to a steady rain lasting well into the evening. I seek refuge back at my room, good call to avoid the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.