Sunday, August 16, 2015

Grand Lake

  • Day:  86
  • Start:  0
  • End:  0
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  67
  • Low temp:  44
  • People met:  too many to count


Breakfast buffet, delicious 

After breakfast Jim gave me a tour of his small town. Grand Lake is really a wonderfull little town. Last night there was a bull moose browsing in town, simply amazing. 


I'm keeping that fence between us. 


Bridge over the connecting water course between Grand Lake and Shadow Mountain Lake


The towns sidewalk is a real boardwalk 


The local hardware store, nice local architecture 


The town is big on flowers, makes it an inviting place to visit


Local outfitters that helped me. 




1915 motor inn for your trusty model T. 


Grand Lake on a overcast afternoon 

With a few tools from Jim's garage I successfully replace all 3 of the shock cords for my tent poles, crises averted. I got laundry done, boots dried out, rain pants washed and retreated for water repellency, and sanitized my water system.  I also sewed out a seam failure in my pants.  A big day off accomplishments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.