Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Tree Street Inn

  • Day:  73
  • Start:  861.9
  • End:  861.9
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  76
  • Low temp:  59
  • Thru hikers met:  0


Breakfast 

After a nice breakfast I set off to the post office and outfitters.  I gather my resupply box from the post office and mail a few items home I don't need anymore.  One of the hikers returning a rental car gives me a ride to the outfitters which is a couple of miles away. I want to retreat my clothes with permethrin to ward off bugs.  Back at the Inn I treat my washed clothes with the permethrin and sort out my food for the trail. 
Waynsbrough is a nice small town with a little Main Street replete with restaurants. The town is an easy walk from the Inn so I am able to enjoy some prepared food without any trouble. One big presence in this town is a military school.  I walk across the athletic field to access Main Street. 

 
Fishburne military school

With all my chores complete I relax my body for the rest of the day. The sore muscles are very happy to not be hiking today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.