Monday, May 1, 2017

Pearisburg

  • Day:  51
  • Start:  628.3
  • End:  642.0
  • Miles:  14.3
  • Hours:  8
  • High temp:  83
  • Low temp:  57
  • People met:  1

 
A few of these beauties showed up today

After our community silence and sharing we enjoyed a breakfast of homemade sausage, skillet scrambled eggs, baked French toast and homemade bread. Plenty of fuel to hike until about noon.  I say my goodbyes and am sad to leave Glove and Maple, their positive energy and honest discussions are a joy. 
This is the first gap where I don't have a serious uphill climb.  Although my start is 0830 hrs I will be ok a the trail is easier now.  

 
Nice view clearing. Powerlines always make a good clearing. 

 
This is a great view spot with nice rocks to rest upon

I notice the taller trees are budding leaves but slower than the smaller trees below. Perhaps the tall trees are giving the new little trees a head start before shade closes in. 

 
Love these delicate, little gems

 
Pearisburg below from Angels's Rest

On my descent to Pearisburg I take a short side trail to Angel's Rest a large rock with a great view. Today's trail has been nicely rewarding with great views. As I drop lower the forest becomes denser with growth and an appreciated shade. 

 

 
Thankful for the shade as the afternoon is warm

A asphalt road appears, I know this is Cross Road the easiest way to town. I walk in the afternoon sun down the road to town. A further walk to the Angel's Rest  Hostel and I can rest a bit. After checking in and claiming a bunk I continue hiking another 4 miles to round out the hiking day. 

 
The first green spot today 

 
Angel's Rest amenities house. Shower, kitchen, tv, and laundry 

 
Bunk house

 
My bunk

The Angel's Rest is a new hostel starting late last year. The owners are pleasant and seem to care while showing a good business savvy. Tonight for dinner they are hosting tacos.  There is more than enough to go around so I eat 6, delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.