Monday, April 17, 2017

Damascus

  • Day:  38
  • Start:  469.3
  • End:  469.2
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  68
  • Low temp:  43
  • People met:  3

 
Dogwood just across the street from the Hiker Inn

Today is about getting chores accomplished.  I need a new Z-Seat cushion, some electrolyte boosters, a sweatband, and some permethrin to treat my clothes.  Lucky there are three outfitter stores in town, between all three I am able to meet my needs.  I treat my clothes with the permethrin, this will help keep the ticks and other insects away.  I'm having a tough time drying my clothes as it is a rainy day.  Finally I hang them in the bathroom and turn in the heater.
I have lunch with BooBoo and OnTheGo, both if which are zeroing tomorrow as well.  They are staying at another hostel not far away. This town is full of hostels and B&Bs. 
The old AT alignment is now called the Creeper Trail, it goes right through town and somewhat along the river.  I use the Creeper Trail to access the east side of town for outfitters and food. 

 
The Creeper Trail

 
Theycall it Laurel Creek

 
 A nice B&B on Laurel

 
A typical back street
 
 
Laurel Crerk and the Park

 
Dogwood in the park

 
There are several dogwoods

 
A daisy ring in the middle of the grass, striking.

 

Damascus is a comfortable town with a smattering of older arts and crafts homes, craftsman and in between.  Many of the homes in the neighborhood do not have fences just nice expanses of grass between each other.  Everything I need seems to be conveniently located in a short walking distance.  Damascus is s great hiker town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.