Sunday, April 23, 2017

Relax Inn

  • Day:  42-43
  • Start:  544.0
  • End:  544.0
  • Miles:  0
  • Hours:  0
  • High temp:  67
  • Low temp:  41
  • People met:  16


The Barn

The Barn is one of  two restaurants in this crossroads. I got to say I am not thrilled about eating there. They offer fake cream for your coffee and fake butter for your food, which means trans fats. I suspect that any fried foods are also trans fats.  The other restaurant is a very small Mexican food place attached to the gas station. Actually their food is pretty darn good. 
The Relax Inn is a very rundown place operated by to older people and their son.  They do provide clean sheets and towels.  The bathroom is cleaned as far as the things of use, but the tile walls are moldy and the corners of the floor are dirty. They do all the work themselves so I can see they are tired. Nonetheless I do not feel clean staying there. I actually feel better in most hostels. 
A trail angel took me into Marion, a town about 10 miles away, so I could have a doctor take a look at my foot. Apparently I have a fungal infection that requires some attention to heal.  Just a toughening of the trail that I can work through. I'm definitely OK, but I need to resolve this issue or at lease turn it around to a positive healing before continuing.  My foot combined with the forecast of heavy rain and flood warnings has caused me to hunker down in this lost little section of the world. 
 
The Relax Inn

Rain is forecast through Monday, allowing me time to heal my foot. So sorry I'm not hiking and showing you new country.  I'll be down until Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.