Monday, April 3, 2017

Hot Springs TN

  • Day:  23
  • Start:  262.4
  • End:  273.5
  • Miles:  11.1
  • Hours:  4
  • High temp:  76
  • Low temp:  51
  • People met:  3

As I break camp

 
A little more fire, what looks like water is low lying fog.

Just the little uphill then mostly a downhill run the Hot Springs.   

 
So anything under 2000 just seems just darn doable

This mornings green tunnel 

 
 Hot Springs. The surrounding area is filled beautiful farms.

So I make Hot Springs by 1030 and am excited about breakfast.  I try the local diner and enjoy my usual fare, an omelet with bacon, cheese and crispy hash browns. I eat the potatos on the trail for the extra fuel. 

 
The trail goes right down main street.  Note the very nice logo inset into the sidewalk.

 
Elmer's Sunnybrook Inn, is actually a hiker orientated hostel. 

After breakfast I walk across the street to Elmer's Sunnybrook Inn and get a shared room for the night. This is a wonderful Italian Victoian build in 1875.  Elmer cooks all the food, providing a limited seating for breakfast and dinner.  I sign up for breakfast but dinner is full.  I ask if they have a cancellation that they remember me for dinner.  I find the atmosphere here accomidating and comfortable. After my tour I head out for laundry.  The entire town is merly a few blocks long, so the laundromat is not very far away. Back at Elmer's I shower and sort out my gear. The only item I need to dry is my ground cloth and that is hardly wet. I found out to my delight that Mandrake, Rock Hopper, BooBoo, Maple, Namessday, Two Hearts and Todooles are here as well. These are all wonderful people that seem to have positive outlooks. I enjoy seeming them on the trail.  The energy from these hikers, Elmer and his Inn create a magical atmosphere.

 
Elmer's Kitchen is filled with the wonderful aroma of cooking good food.

Sitting Room

Music Room

 
The front door

A side entry 
 
 
Garden poppys

 
That's about it for town

The good news.is there is an opening for dinner and I'm in for the meal. Elmer learned to cook in Singapore  so he's has adopted a vegetarian diet and that is the food he prepares.  

 
Elmer to the left and a hungry Rock Hopper in the dining toom.

I am amazed at the effort put forth for our evening meal. Elmer's food is inviting in appearance, aroma and taste. 

 
Our first course.  Yes courses, I'm just as amazed. A delicious soup that he has prepared all day. 
 
The meal was wonderful as was the company, everyone seems happy. Elmer has us introduce ourselves which turns out to be a fun activity.  All in all a wonderful evening in this magical place with positive people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, happy to hear from you, please post your comments here.